How to Optimize a Small Business Website that Will Beat Larger, More Established Businesses
You may have a smaller and less known business and you may not have a large marketing budget. That does not mean you cannot compete and beat larger businesses when it comes to local search. Smaller businesses websites can target opportunities big companies and sites cannot.
Big Companies and Websites Have Some Big Advantages:
- Domain Authority – Generally the 1st business one sees when searching
- Trustworthiness – The public recognizes and trusts the brand or product.
- Financial Resources – Financial ability to build an elaborate website
But, Smaller Websites Have Their Advantages as Well:
- Agility – You can invest in something this week and invest in something completely different the next.
- Creativity – There is no corporate roadmap to follow.
- Focus – You can focus on one effort at a time.
- Niche Appeal – A small business can focus exclusively on one niche at a time.
- Authenticity – A small brand can build strong associations.
How to Compete with the Major Players When Building Your Website:
- Use Long – Tail Keywords – For example, Best clothes to wear after a certain age.
- Use Comparison Keywords – Smaller businesses can compare one business to another.
- Use Editorial Keywords – Smaller businesses can rank products and services.
- Target a local audience. Attend local events in the community.
- Use local reviews on sites such as Yelp.
- Focus on a specific niche to conjure up brand association. Ex. Clothing for a specific age group or gender.
- Pursue harder to legitimatize content – You might focus they types of clothing certain genders or age groups should be seeking out.
- Provide more content about the niche you are focusing on building brand awareness, loyalty and credibility.
- Build personal relationships with your customers and maintain them. A bigger company will not have this opportunity.
- Local Search Engine Optimization – If you know what you are doing with local SEO or can hire a business that specializes in local SEO, you can eventually outrank them on page 1 of Google Map search results above larger companies.
It is important for small businesses to be strategic with geographic location and agility in their quest to rank higher in searches. Remember, there are many online resources and businesses promising to build your business’ website, but Web Promotion Partners is your trusted resource on building a brilliant website that will rank your business in maps on page 1 of Google.
Don’t let your competitors take customers that can be yours. Stand out by ensuring that your business lands on page 1 of Google when a search is done for a product or service you provide.Can you afford to NOT be easily found when your potential customers search online?Get in touch with Web Promotion Partners today to see what exciting solutions we can provide for you and your growing business. Call toll-Free 888-977-4866. Or visit us at https://webpromotionpartners.com.